This course of therapy is specifically designed for Juveniles and those in the 18-25 age group. This takes into account basic neurobiology and the purpose of the group is to help clients learn and apply a decision making model as they make the decision on whether or not they want to use drugs, but the decision making model will apply to all decisions. There are journals to fill out and time will be provided in group to fill out the journals. Clients are expected to come to group prepared to discuss the issues that are going on in their lives and be prepared to be challenged on those issues to make a decision using the model. Groups are two hours long.
- We decided to open up and talk honestly about ourselves and about alcohol and other drugs.
- We looked at what we liked about alcohol and other drugs, and why we were using them.
- We looked at our use of alcohol and other drugs to see if it has caused harm or could cause harm.
- We looked at our responsibility and the responsibility of others for our problems.
- We thought about where we seemed to be headed, where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to accomplish.
- We made thoughtful decisions about our lives and about our use of alcohol and other drugs.
- We followed through on our decisions about our lives and drug use. If we saw problems, we went back to earlier challenges and mastered them.